Middle school and high school-aged string musicians are invited to audition for Colorado Crossroads Youth Orchestra Spring Season on Friday, December 9, 2022, at St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church, 8755 Scarborough Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
Spots are limited!
1. Solo: Musician's choice. Solo should showcase shifting, tone, vibrato, musicality, and rhythm. 2-minute limit. Acapella only.
2. Scale: Coordinating 1, 2, or 3-octave scale in the same key as the solo piece.
3. Sight-reading. Music and a metronome will be provided at the audition to ensure the musician is able to read music fluently.
4. Excerpts are posted at the bottom of this page.
Musicians are required to play ALL of the assigned excerpts for their instrument.
Auditions will be evaluated on presentation, tone, musicality, accuracy, intonation, technique, and rhythm. A copy of the audition evaluation and comments will be available to all participating musicians.
Audition Fees - $25.00 per musician payable via cash, check, Venmo, and/or PayPal on the day of auditions.
* Rehearsals are on Thursdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church, 8755 Scarborough Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
Statement of Faith
The following Statement of Faith is the guiding principle of CCYO. It is expected that all CCYO youth and adult members and volunteers respect the following statements and behave accordingly; it is hoped that all CCYO youth and adult members and volunteers hold these beliefs in common.
We believe that there is one Triune God–Father; Jesus Christ, His one and only Son; and the Holy Spirit–Creator of the universe and eternally existent. We believe the Holy Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. We believe each person is created in His image for the purpose of communing with and worshiping God. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who enables us to live godly lives. We believe that each individual is called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength; and to love our neighbors as ourselves.